The sexual activity of the stronger sex decreases over the years, which is linked to the aging of the body. Unfortunately this is inevitable. This creates a common misconception about not having sex after a certain age. Many give up intimacy. Potency in men over the age of 60 does not go away. It can and should be supported.
Intimate life after sixty
The production of semen and testosterone in the stronger sex decreases from the age of 40. This only leads to some changes in sex life:
- After 60 years, only 7-10% of men become impotent, but they can satisfy their partner in other ways. Otherwise, it is an entirely individual decision to refuse to have sex or to reduce sexual intercourse.
- The potency in 70 years disappears completely at 20%, but healthy men are able to develop coitus with a frequency of up to 2 times a week for their full pleasure.
Lack of attraction and libido in men in their sixties is not the norm but an indication of health problems. Properly taken measures can normalize erectile function at any age.
The reasons for the decrease in effectiveness after 60
Intimate problems are natural, physiological and pathological. The first group includes age-related changes:
- upright phallus becomes smaller;
- the skin on the scrotum sags and loses its previous elasticity;
- A productive erection takes more time and effort.
- Testicles (testicles) decrease, sag;
- The penis falls off sharply after ejaculation.
There are no direct prerequisites for a reduction in effectiveness. The following factors contribute to the problem:
- Bad habits. Nicotine, alcohol poisons the body, gives a severe blow to the circulatory system, which leads to stagnant processes and poor blood supply to the cavernous and spongy bodies of the penis.
- overweight. Obesity against the background of a congenital malfunction of the metabolism occurs only in a few percent of people, and moreover it is provoked by an unhealthy diet, a sedentary lifestyle.
- hypertension. Leads to fragility of blood vessels, ischemia of the pelvic organs.
- prostatitis. The main cause of a decrease in potency after 60 years in 70% of the stronger sex are problems urinating. The earlier you start treatment, the faster your recovery will come.
- pathology. Erectile dysfunction arises due to diseases of the endocrine gland (hypothyroidism, hypogonadism), pyelonephritis, urolithiasis, orchitis, cryptorchidism, epididymis.
As you can see, the causes of erectile dysfunction are not related to age at all, but to real health problems, a wrong lifestyle.
When should you trigger the alarm?
Signs of reduced effectiveness are:
- inability to maintain intimacy about 1-2 times a week;
- lack of morning erection, which is the main indicator of dysfunction;
- There is no nocturnal erection without which one cannot speak of normal reproductive function.
The improvement in effectiveness in men after 60-70 years must begin with the diagnosis of the pathology:
- Spermogram. Determines the mobility and vitality of sperm.
- ultrasound. It is carried out for the pelvic organs in the absence of any pathologies.
- Examination of the prostate. It is performed rectally, allows to exclude / confirm prostatitis.
- General and PSA blood tests. They allow you to determine various pathologies, as well as diabetes mellitus.
- Examination of prostate juice. It is prescribed to detect prostatitis, other diseases of peristalsis.
You can not delay the visit of a specialist. Only an accurate determination of the cause will enable you to develop the right approach.
Increased potency in men after 60
Thanks to the right approach, it is possible to improve sexual activity. The main thing is to have a corresponding desire. The older a man gets, the more effort must be made. An integrated approach is required:
- revise the diet;
- increases physical activity;
- are taking special medication;
- Treated recognized pathologies.
The last point concerns the cases when the examination revealed the presence of certain pathologies.
First, avoid harmful products:
- fatty pork, beef, lamb, which causes arteriosclerosis and poor blood supply to the pelvic organs;
- sour cream, milk, cream with a high percentage of fat for the reason described above;
- fast food that increases cholesterol and promotes the formation of lipid plaques on blood vessels;
- sausages, smoked and salted products that negatively affect the metabolism in the body;
- Wholegrain muffins and breads, white flour, which create a range of fat masses, mainly consisting of quick carbohydrates and empty calories.
The main focus should be on herbal products that contain fiber, which allow the body to rid the body of toxins and toxins. The diet must contain:
- red fish, shrimp and other aphrodisiac seafood;
- walnuts, almonds, pistachios, hazelnuts, but due to the high calorie content no more than 2-3 tablespoons per day;
- bananas, pomegranates, lemons, figs, oranges, grapes;
- low-fat dairy products, chicken and quail eggs;
- legumes, potatoes, beets, horseradish;
- onions, garlic, herbs;
- natural honey.
Replace white bread and baked goods with whole grain products. You need to eat fractionated, do not overeat, try to count calories. The latter is especially important for those who tend to be overweight and struggle with excess fat.
In order to maintain the health of men after 60 years, the golden mean must be observed. Excessive exercise has a negative impact on health and potency. This is due to the release of cortisol, adrenaline, and noradrenaline, which block testosterone synthesis. Another reason is that not everyone at this age can boast of excellent health.
It is also impossible to switch to a sedentary lifestyle. This leads to stagnant processes, a rapid set of extra pounds with all the negative consequences that result. The most suitable type of activity is walking, jogging, exercising, swimming in the fresh air. The lesson must be accompanied by clear control of pulse, pressure and heartbeat.
A Kegel exercise works well. It does not require serious stress, it allows you to strengthen the pelvic organs, improve blood circulation in the penile cavity. This contributes to a longer and more stable erection.
Treatment of pathological processes
Don't diagnose and heal yourself. Otherwise, instead of improving potency at 70, you may cause irreparable harm to health. Diagnosis and therapy should be prescribed by a specialist. Some drugs are able to cope with the disease, but they inhibit erection, so alternative or supportive therapy can be chosen that allows a man over 60 to be deprived of intimacy.
Caution is also required when using various potency pathogens. After 60 and especially 70 years, caution is advised to avoid unnecessary stress on the heart and pressure surges. This must be taken into account in order to avoid unjustified and dangerous experiments on your health.